Frankincense Boswelia Serrata Pure Essential Oil
Frankincense is in my opinion your "always-go-to" when you are deciding on which oil to use for a certain situation... No wonder it was one of the gifts Yeshua (Jesus) received from the wise men of the east... They knew the value of it then, and we are starting to discover the value of it today as well! It is also the only item that was ordered to be present in all three parts of the Tabernacle – the Outer court, the Holy place and the Holiest of holies, thus representing our physical healing, healing of the soul as well as spiritual healing. 🙂
Before the internet, state-of-the-art research labs, and advances in modern medicine, ancient civilizations recognized that this plant was a power-house, and documented its importance for medicinal and wellness purposes from generation to generation.
It goes without saying that frankincense has a sacred connotation, but not without merit. The Bible mentions it 52 times, and in ancient times, it was considered more valuable than gold. Its scent is earthy yet uplifting, with a slightly sweet-woody aroma.
Beyond its aromatic benefits, frankincense has been the focus of several scientific studies, substantiating what ancient civilizations have long understood: that it is an important ally in a holistic wellness tool box.
Frankincense has the following additional properties:
- First, Frankincense is classified as an anti-inflammatory herb. Researchers believe that frankincense can prevent the release of "leukotrienes", which are compounds that can cause inflammation.
- Frankincense contains "sesquiterpenes", chemical constituents that help increase the amount of oxygen in the limbic system of the brain. Sesquiterpenes are unique because they have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. (The American Medical Association has said that, "If they could find an agent that would pass the blood-brain barrier, they would be able to find cures for ailments such as Lou Gehrig’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease.")
- Thirdly, Frankincense may help to support cellular function due to its cytophylactic properties, which means that it facilitates the regeneration and oxygenation of cells, including brain and skin cells.
The ability of Frankincense to pass through your blood-brain barrier, allows the oil to reach the area of injury and reduce the imflammation more effectively. Healing is improved by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the area of injury.
Frankincense has earned its title as “The King of Oils” because of its versatility.
When used topically, frankincense touts powerful anti-aging properties. It promotes cellular function and the appearance of healthy-looking skin, evening out skin tone and minimizing blemishes.
Taken internally, frankincense promotes healthy immune function and overall well-being. As seen above, it has a tremendous potential to improve brain function.
It is therefore essential to add Frankincense to your daily supplement routine to maintain high levels of concentration, focus & mental alertness. Students, professionals and anyone who suffers from memory loss, find it extremely helpfull.
And lastly, diffusing frankincense is an excellent way to naturally purify the air while enjoying all of the aromatic benefits. Credit to: https://emergeyogawellness.com/frankincense-the-king-of-oils/
Always dillute pure essential oil with a carrier oil, like coconut oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, Jojoba oil, Grape seed oil, or any other pure organic oil.
Use this pure essential oil in its pure form in a Diffuser, or make your own blend (dillution with carrier oil) to use topically for hundreds of uses.
A few other beneficial properties of Frankincense are:
- Boosting the immune system
- Fighting pain and inflammation
- Preventing and treating cancer or relief of cancer treatment effects
- May reduce arthritis (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/frankincense#TOC_TITLE_HDR_2). Frankincense has anti-inflammatory effects that may help reduce joint inflammation caused by osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- May improve gut function
- Improves asthma -
Traditional medicine has used frankincense to treat bronchitis and asthma for centuries.
Research suggests that its compounds may prevent the production of leukotrienes, which cause your bronchial muscles to constrict in asthma.
- Maintains oral health -
Frankincense may help prevent bad breath, toothaches, cavities and mouth sores.
The boswellic acids it provides appear to have strong antibacterial properties, which may help prevent and treat oral infections
Bring in the science...
The main chemical constituents of the essential oil are Limonene, Pinene, Borneol, Farnesol, Phellandrene, Myrcene, and other constituents. Limonene demonstrates antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties. It is believed to reduce feelings of anxiety and to stimulate the immune system. Pinene is known to strengthen and invigorate the respiratory system and is reported to have diuretic properties based on empirical evidence. Borneol contributes tonic, anesthetic, sedative and anti-spasmodic properties to this oil. Farnesol is the component that allows this oil to reduce the user’s signs of aging by smoothing the look of wrinkles and increasing skin’s elasticity.
*** THIS 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OIL ORIGINATES FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND IS DISTRIBUTED IN SOUTH AFRICA BY NAUTICA ORGANIC TRADING, DURBAN ***